Group Leader: Prof. Yixin Shen
Fields of research: forage ecology, physiology, cultivation and processing
About the team:
Currently, the team has one professor, one associate professor and three lecturers, among whom three had PhD degrees and two are toward their PhDs. Inherited from Prof. Dong Wang and Zuzhe Liang’s working styles, the team focuses on studying the pasture ecology and forage physiology and improving the forage cultivation and processing efficiencies in rural areas of Southern China.
Major projects undertaken over the past three years:
1. Integration and demonstration of key technologies for enhancing efficiency in combination of agriculture, forestry and animal husbandry in lowland in Eastern China, supported by the National Key Technologies R&D Program, 2009 — 2012;
2. Studies on the structure and physiological function of the root system of quick growing Medicago Sativa in winter-free farmland, supported by the National Natural Science Foundation, 2011 —2013;
3. Studies on key technologies for forage production in the lower seaches of the Yangtze River, supported by the National Key Technologies R&D Program, 2011—2015;
4. Developing and processing new feed resources for dairy cattle, supported by the supported by the Key Technologies R&D Program of Ministry of Science and Technologies, 2012 —2016;
5. Technologies of efficient planting of Medicago Sativa in humid regions in Middle China, supported by the supported by the supported by the Key Technologies R&D Program of Ministry of Agriculture, 2014— 2018.
1. Integration and demonstration of key technologies for efficient and healthy dairy farming in the Yangtze River Delta, 2nd prize of Jiangsu Provincial Science and Technology Award , 2011);
2. Basic research on technologies of high efficiency in growing Italian Ryegrass in Eastern China, 2nd prize of China Grass Society Award, 2013);